Friday, August 25, 2023

Friday: out and about

 This morning we were supposed to go on a walk with Aunt C.  We get about a third of the way there and the car starts making a weird sound...a grinding sound in the front left.  We get about two thirds of the way there and I decide that this is not a good idea anymore.  I cancel on Aunt C and call the shop to see if they can take a quick listen right then.

They can!  So we go to the car shop.  Of course, I wasn't planning on this so I don't have things for the kids to do.  They did an amazing job over the next 30-40 minutes though, taking turns with my phone and being patient.  The people did hear the noise, but everything looks ok.  The boot that covers the axle joint was still in good condition and there weren't any vibrations so I was given the ok to keep driving.

Aunt C texted me just as we were about to leave the shop so we ended up restarting our plans with her!  We were going for a walk at the Discovery Center and it was a beautiful day to do so.

There was a hawk sitting on one of the pillars in the playscape.  It was at the same place I'd put a hawk statue, so that was cool.  Joshua was excited to show Aunt C the eagle nest.

And we saw the birds of prey, walked around for a bit, enjoyed the playground a little bit more, and just had a lovely time.

We got back home, misunderstood each other a little bit as chores were getting done, and then I brought the kids to Larry and Cheryl's house for the weekend.  Ben and I had a very relaxing night: pizza and a movie, two games of Dominion, and no wrangling of kids.  It was wonderful.


No comments: