Monday, August 28, 2023

Monday: in reverse

 Well, the pictures were imported backwards.  So I guess we're doing this backwards this time.

Isaac was giving us a Minecraft play with the little set that we just put together.  At one point I said, "Did that minifigure just kick the other minifigure [that was laying on the ground]?"  Isaac replied, "Yes.  He wanted to see if the other one was dead."  I responded, "Kicking dead people is not appropriate."  This sent Isaac into a fit of giggles.

We have a firm rule in this house: no playing on the stairs.  So what does Joshua do?  He starts sliding around on some cat stairs.

I've seen a few "my life as a stay at home mom" videos lately and they never seem to be true.  I mean, I can't clean the whole house when my kids are gone, let alone if they're around.  I don't do videos, so I did many pictures today.  It stopped around 2:30ish because the kids were about to be back home.

2:15pm: I made potato soup for dinner.  I had to get out a new container of garlic powder and it's a lot larger than the last ones.  I've been using it a lot recently.


1pm: nap time.  With my two buddies.

12:45pm: a late lunch while dealing with some emails.  I usually read during lunch but needed to send out the email.

12:30pm: leaving the dojang.  While do people always make videos in their cars?

10:45am: going to the dojang.  I offered to sew the patches on uniforms.  It can be hard to do if you don't have a sewing machine.


10:15am: trimming the wire shelves to fit a bookcase in.  We measured it prior to ordering the shelf and it should have fit.  The white leg is obviously crooked though, so maybe we measured at the wrong place.  Anyway, the shelf fits in now.

10:00am: The roomba was having none of the floor plan today.  It took a few tries to get it started, moving things around so that it could figure out where it was.

9:50am: I got my block ready to send out for my quilting bee.


9:45am: I was looking at the disaster that is the banister.  While I remind people to bring things down, I don't enforce it and so things get ignored.  I realize that people don't know where everything goes, but there are several things that they could figure out.

9:30am: raspberry picking.  The crop is amazing right now.

9am: doing a little bit of work to get ready for work tomorrow

8:45am: getting Joshua's quilt ready for quilt picture day

8:30am: taking a break from laundry to finish getting ready for the day.

8:15am: breakfast and devotions finished


8:00am: breakfast about to start

7:35am: first day of school pictures.  Isaac (6th grade), Joshua (3rd)



7:20am: working on the kitchen

I didn't get all I was hoping to get done finished today, but I did get everything I was expecting to get done.  I'll call it a win.  The kids had pretty good first days.  Joshua more so than Isaac.  Joshua loves his teacher and was all sorts of talkative.  Isaac, I think, had to deal with three teachers telling them the rules.  I don't really love the first day of classes either because of that, so I think that was part of the issue.

No comments: