Saturday, August 5, 2023

Saturday: details

Today was a screen time day.  So for most of the day there's not much to talk about.

However, we met Nathan and family for donuts this morning.  It was Liz's birthday and the cousins had fun together.

I talked to Dad a bit today and mentioned that I didn't sleep well last night: I was out of bed three times, once for a CO alarm.  He mentioned that it's normal!  The batteries don't work as well when they're colder, so if they're on the edge and cool slightly at night that's when they beep.

We've been getting texts from the school reminding us to check our email.  They did it last year too...it was a bit annoying then but I sort of understand why they do it.  This year I get a text about an email and then it takes 36-48 hours for the email to show up.  Please note that the text just gives the subject of the email, not any details.  We haven't even started the school year and I'm over this method of communication.

I worked on Operation: Clean the House a small bit over the last week.  The next room is the small storage room.  It has the Lego sets.  The instruction manuals were in a big box and took a while to find the right one.  They're now in magazine holders by numbers.  However, in order to fit them on a shelf I had to move other things into the big storage room.  But the big storage room needed to be slightly cleaned before I could do any of that.  Oof.  Things need to get messier before they can get cleaner.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

"Things need to get messier before they get cleaner." That always seems to be the way and can make the whole process discouraging at times but the end result is always satisfying!