Sunday, August 27, 2023

Sunday: last day of summer

 School starts tomorrow!  We just had an easy day today.

As I reflect on the summer, it was a pretty good one.

Downside: I heard "Mom..." too much.  It's the first time it's every really bothered me.  Most of the times it was followed by a reasonable statement or request.  The rest of the time...well, would you rather be eaten by a shark or a cat?

Upside: I felt like the summer was well balanced.  There were plenty of things to do, but it wasn't overwhelming.  I only infrequently heard the kids complain about being bored.  

Downside: we didn't play as many games as last summer.  

Upside: we saw a lot more people throughout the summer

All that being said, I am ready for them to go back to school.  During the summer I don't do as much house work and I'm starting to go a little crazy.  (It's still the correct choice, but it can be hard to feel productive if the house looks exactly the same in the morning as the evening.)

*********************

Today during snack time Isaac and Joshua were talking nonsense as normal and I heard the following:
Isaac: Which is louder?  Eating the Lego alligator or the pretzel?
Joshua, immediately and with absolutely no hesitation: I'll try the pretzel.

No comments: