Friday, August 4, 2023

Friday: success

I brought the kids to a playground for a bit this morning.  Isaac was doing some monkey bars under a bridge and half way through he decided that he wanted to be on the bridge.  So he just climbs up the ropes on the bridge and got over.  I watched him do all this, rather amazed.

The kids don't love cats in their bedrooms (for somewhat good reasons), but their rooms get rather stuffy in the summer if the doors are closed.  We're using the old crib pieces to try and keep the cats out while still keeping costs free.  (Update: Horizon jumped the gate.  We've now put up the long side of the crib, and it goes up to Isaac's shoulders.)


I successfully donated blood!  I haven't tried for a while because the close location does their drives on Friday, and I couldn't do that and black belt boot camp on the same day.  I had also pretty much just decided not to do it anymore because I only had about a 60% success rate.  But here I was, trying again.  They had to slightly move the needle at one point because my blood was flowing slowly, but everything else went smoothly.  I signed up again.  It helps me take my vitamins.

No comments: