Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Tuesday: black belt!

Tonight was the black belt banquet and I finally got my black dobak and belt.  I had a good time.  I think the kids were bored but they held it together very well.

We have some before pictures:


Raelynn and I work together a lot.





We then had dinner and it was delicious.  Mrs. Galli sat at our table and was personable as always, but mentioned that I was one of the strongest candidates of this class.  That felt nice...I had put a ton of work into it.

During:

The presentation of the certificate and dobak





Not shown: They talked a little about things they appreciated for each person and it was super nice.  Mrs. Galli had my acts of kindness from several years ago and commented on how it show me balancing being a wife and mother and teacher along with helping out in the community.  How happy she is that we've become friends too.  Mr. Galli commented on how I ask questions, but that it allows them to talk more about why we do something the way we do.  (I do ask a lot of questions.)  I also ask a lot of technical questions, making sure my forms are just right.  (Or at least, that's what I imagine in my head.)

Opening of the belts


                                                 


After:




I made it!  It was a long wait from the test to the ceremony, but I am finally official.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Amanda!

Annette B.

betsy said...

Congratulations! Very cool!