Thursday, August 10, 2023

Thursday: success

 Today felt like a successful day.

I've never been to Mt. Pisgah (near the beach) before, although I've wanted to do it for a while.  I didn't know much about it, other than it had a lot of steps, so it was an adventure for everyone.  And a wonderful adventure it was.


We enjoyed seeing the area from up high.


Then we went down a side boardwalk only to find a trail system.  There were a lot of hills and "root steps" and the boys loved it.  (I may have taken the picture below from ground level to make it look steeper though.)  And we didn't get a treat with this outing!  I feel like we've been getting lots of treats lately.

At home we did home things.  There was some circuit work.  Some Legos.  Some chores.  I recently purchased a new fan because three of our fans have died in the last month.  We have a box fan for noise in the bedroom, but it's loud.  The new one is so nice and quiet but still blows air well!  Now I just need to get the boys to stop touching the buttons.

I took a nap!  While I had a very short one yesterday, today was the first normal one of the week.  I've missed them.

Isaac did a great job at rock climbing and Joshua did a nice job working on school chores during that time.

I cooked up some Italian sausage to go with our spaghetti tonight and it was delicious.

No comments: