Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wednesday: crimping

Today I had to crimp some splices. (Basically use a tool to form a cylinder of metal with a circular cross-section into one with a half-circle cross-section.) However, the tool handles were rather short and usually the crimp isn't that drastic. Oh, and it is important to know that the handle is a ratchet, so it clicks. Here's how it went.

Click..click......click..........................click
Amanda: maybe that was enough
Handle: no
......................................................................click maybethatwasenough
Handle: no
Amanda: but my hands really hurt!
Handle: too bad.
...................................................................................click wasthatenough?
Handle: no
Amanda: maybe the next click will be the end.
.................................................................................................click wasthatit?
Handle:no
Amanda: owwww!
.....................................................................................................................click
Amanda: I win!

I have to do that 12 times. I got one person to do the last click once and am in the middle of number 5.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This made me remember the time I had some magic occur in one of my electronics exam questions. I had the initial problem and the answer (somehow) but couldn't make them connect. So *magic*!

epic fail pictures
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
My pictures came today! I may have ordered too many :) But it is easier to take them out now than to wish I had them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you a good around the house fixer? Its sounds like you use a lot of tools for work.

Amanda said...

Hmmm...I would say medium good. I can do little projects without much problem. I know how to use the basic tools but anything more than that is a little more tricky.