Thursday, February 9, 2012

Wednesday: decipus

This afternoon, in the middle of a bunch of crying, I thought I'd see if Isaac's diaper needed to be changed. I got him on the changing table with his diaper off and noticed he was enthralled with my shadow on the wall. After putting a wipe over him to contain any mess, I made a shadow dog. I quickly realized how limited my shadow puppet knowledge is.

Next I made rabbit ears. Then a decipus. (like an octopus, but with all ten fingers.). When Isaac felt like it, he provided the seaweed for the decipus to eat. (you can see the start of one the picture.)




Isaac was also visited by Haroldette the mouse, daughter of Harold and Haroldina. That went over well also.

After the diaper went back on, Isaac continued to be rather fussy the rest of the evening. (not the whole time, but not his easy-going daytime self either.) I tried to get Flurry to deal with him at one point. She looked at him, he hit her twice, and she left disgustedly. He did go to bed tonight very easily though, so it might have been worth it.

No comments: