Monday, May 4, 2015

Monday: 40 weeks...and a rough day

Joshua is 40 weeks old!


I think he's teething.  He's been a bit grumpy.


So, today was rough.  It started with Isaac throwing up at 8:30.  We've had amazing luck...this is the first vomit that required more than a quick clothing change.  Ok.  Got it cleaned up, Isaac seems back to normal...he seemed pretty normal before hand too, although he did complain a bit about his stomach hurting.  He seemed so normal that I just assumed he was hungry.

Since Isaac seemed back to normal, we went to the quilt show.  Or at least started to.  It was an odd trip, starting with both of us wanting to go, then only me wanting to go, then only Isaac wanting to go, then only me wanting to go.  We got to the parking lot and I just pulled right through as we both decided not to go.  Then Isaac threw up again.  Yuck.  So going probably wasn't the correct choice, but hindsight is 20/20.

We get home and Isaac goes in the shower, seemingly fine again.  Joshua won't calm down.  Don't know what his problem was.  Luckily, Isaac decides to play outside for a bit and Joshua eventually calmed down, so I have a few minutes to try and get some stuff done.  Joshua then becomes a bit grumpy, but at least holding him solves the problem.

I had told Isaac he could sleep with me when we got home, but Joshua woke up.  So he slept with me during rest time.  We didn't sleep.  I kind of expected that, but was ok with it because Joshua's been sleeping through the night and I wasn't super tired.  Joshua woke up and wouldn't settle back down until I nursed him.

Ok, let's try the quilt show again.  Look!  It's my quilt!

Isaac did pretty well at the show until about five minutes before I was ready to leave.  So not too bad.  He fell asleep on the ride home and I had to try and wake him up three times before it finally worked.  (I know I could have tried harder, but when I try the normal amount and there is absolutely no response I figure he really needs to sleep, even if it is at a bad time.)

Dinner.  It happened.  Again.  Joshua started crying at the very end and didn't stop again.  I finally got him ready for bed and put him to bed early.  Isaac went to bed at his normal time but fell right asleep.

Phew.

1 comment:

Amy Worrel said...

Phew is right. Days like that are long and slow and exhausting! Hope you got a good night.