Thursday, May 14, 2015

Thursday: dumb monsters

So this morning there was apparently a monster in the house that made Isaac afraid to leave the room I was in.  I told him Jesus would go with him in scary situations, which lead to a semi-theological discussion about how Jesus is going home but Chico the monkey would help him.  I tried really hard to have Jesus help him too, but to no avail.

Anyway, next up on our list was Meijer.  I may have walked around the store after getting the few groceries that I needed because everyone was content and no one was crying about the monster outside the door.  Yes.  There were tears at one point over this imaginary monster.

Today's draws were to clean the bathrooms and invite someone over to play.  I know I need to clean the bathrooms more than just when I draw it, but I also know I need to clean them more than I do so there was a good chance it would work out.  And it did.  So now we have clean bathrooms.  As for the person to invite over, I started suggesting some of his friends his age, but he would have none of it.  Grandma Pat was available and willing to come over though, so it all worked out.


(I thought it was a nice smile...well, I think he was at least trying.)

No comments: