Monday, May 25, 2015

Monday: Memorial Day


We went to the parade this morning.  I like the Memorial Day parade because it is just the right length and it is easy to get in and out.  And it is good to pay respect to those who have served in our country.  I briefly told Isaac about the purpose for the parade, but I'm not sure he got it.  The thing I forgot about this parade is how people stand up for most of it.  One of these years I'll get front row seats.  (Also, I took some pictures but my phone is acting up and won't let me access them right now.)


After the parade Joshua was downstairs in the big room and managed to scoot about 20 feet...that's the farthest he's gone yet. It took about 45 minutes, but every time I looked in on him he was somewhere else.


We spent this afternoon with Ben's family.





Isaac tried to play croquet, tried being the key word.









Then he decided he wanted to go on a boat ride.  He asked both grandparents and since nobody objected, that's what we did.





Joshua wasn't a fan of the life jacket.  He and Ben went inside shortly after this picture was taken.









He got to drive too.









1 comment:

betsy said...

Oh my I bet the boat driving was a huge hit!