Saturday, May 2, 2015

Saturday: 10000 steps

I finally hit 10000 steps today...I apparently need to be way more active than I normally am.

It started with a race!  Isaac (and I) ran the kids' fun run around a park, about 1k.

I wasn't sure how it would go.  We practiced a little bit, but not really all that much.

And we're off!  They split the race into 5 and under and 6 and older, which made the starting rather nice.  It sounded as though it was crazy last year.

We made it all the way around, running a bit and walking.  Isaac likes to try and step on my shadow, so when the shadows were aligned properly that helped.  The playground almost detoured us, but I kept us on track.


At the end he got a medal!  He seemed to enjoy it and said that Chico was saving the race so he could run it again.

When we got home I mowed the lawn.  Blah.  Later Isaac tried popping some of the large air cells by jumping on them.  He's only semi-successful with this, but Joshua found it hilarious.  It was some of the biggest laughs I've heard from him.  We also got the sprinklers working...well, started at least.  There are a few that need more help than we were willing to give this afternoon.

1 comment:

betsy said...

Uf. Totally forgot about that run. Maybe next year we can do it together!