Saturday, August 8, 2015

Saturday: yesterday and today

First off, I realized I forgot two things from yesterday.

1) Joshua laughing.  When Isaac banged his cup or I banged the towels on the table, Joshua thought it was hilarious.  It's a long video, you can get the idea after the first little bit.



2) Joshua standing.  We were packing up water balloons when, in the middle of the deck with no supports, Joshua decided to stand up.  I was rather shocked.  He held it for a few seconds and then sat back down.  Right before bedtime at the park he kept doing it too...over and over.  Ben and I both thought that he would be doing it all day today, but it really took until right before bedtime again.  Of course, that was when he was in the bathtub. :p

On to today.

I got an early birthday present.

Two new monitors!  They seem gigantic compared to my old ones.  I'm loving them, and loving that the colors are the same between both.

While we were getting them set-up (which was super easy), Isaac cut around a monkey that had been printed out for coloring.  What what?  Last time I saw him cut all he could do was cut things in two.  There was no concept of cutting something out.  So I printed out some cutting pages for him and he cut out some shapes.  He chose the overalls this morning (black cords) and the monkey hat is to try and get him to stop eating his hair.

No comments: