Monday, October 5, 2015

Monday: meh

The boys were a bit sick today.  It started yesterday(ish) and continued today.  Isaac was a bit lethargic.  Joshua was talkative.

Isaac also had the worst meltdown to date.  It started because he was running late for his bath so it was going to be extra fast.  Therefore, I wasn't going to give him a color to change the water.  In hindsight, I probably would have given him a color.  But I wasn't sure it would completely dissolve before it was time to get out.  Screaming ensued.  Then I dumped some water on his head, called him washed, and took him out.  Then he just wanted to be back in the bath.  Lots more screaming.  I finally moved him to the time out area and told him he could come out whenever he was under control.  But I didn't leave too much...we got pjs on, gave hugs, had more screaming, etc.  I finally asked him if he thought he would change my mind and he said no.  That seemed to be the turning point, although all the way through the bed time routine he calmly told me he wanted a bath.  I continually told him he could have one tomorrow after school.

Isaac went right to sleep.

No comments: