Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Wednesday: ups and downs

The day started at 1am with a weird sound, waking me from my sleep, happening about once every 20 seconds.  "Maybe Jesus has returned!" was my first excited thought, followed by a bit of fear.  (Let's face it, the unknowing is scary.)  Well, that thought was wrong.  Maybe something is buzzing on my nightstand.  After throwing my hand over there and moving things around in the dark a few times, I was guessing that wasn't the problem.  Ug, it's time to turn on the light.  Is it coming from my clock?  I thought so.  I unplugged my clock, and the noise continued.  What a weird clock!  I moved the clock to the kitchen, because obviously I had a possessed clock and I didn't want to hear it for the rest of the night.  Oh.  It wasn't the clock.  Bother, now I'll need to reset it.  It's the phone.  Why is the phone making such noises?  I closed the monitor app and it stopped.  Huh.

In the morning we went to pick up some of Ben's Very Old Stuff from growing up.  Many boxes.  Of course, Joshua didn't want to be without me.  So I put him in the carrier on my back and hauled boxes.  Not ideal, but he sure was happy.  Isaac was bored, but survived.  It surprised me a bit, because usually he loves playing at Grandma's house.  (Oh, also, he decided that Ben and I should become his age and we could all play together and Cheryl could take care of us.)  He did get some of Ben's old toys, and was rather excited about that.

It was beautiful outside, so Joshua and I went out for a bit while Isaac finished his nap.  I'm hoping to be more on top of the fall gardening, but we'll see what happens over the next month.  Joshua continued to be rather clingy.

The flies are back.  There are fruit flies too.  However, my fruit fly trap works pretty well and I have a good way of getting rid of the flies, although it isn't very fast.

No comments: