Monday, June 13, 2016

Monday: an odd day

Today was odd.  It started out rather normally and we went for Isaac's first gymnastics lesson.  He seems to have liked it; they didn't let parents in during the lesson though.  He said he liked it and the second thing he asked is if we could come back tomorrow.  I have found out that he didn't like the monkey bars or the trampoline, but I haven't found out what he did like.  I haven't been in the room, so I don't even know what the options were.  But he enjoyed it.

During the hour Joshua and I went to a nearby coffee shop and got a donut.  We watched some construction while eating it.


And then Joshua came down with a fever as we were leaving.  I had forgotten that he probably had one the night before, or that he woke up in the middle of the night and I gave him more medicine.  (I know, things I should have remembered.  But he woke up fine.)  By the time we were home it reached 104.0.  It came down only a bit so I then gave him Tylenol too.  I could tell when that finally kicked in because he started commenting on the TV show that he and Isaac were watching.  He still had a fever, but was better.  Joshua actually had a fever the rest of the day, even drugged up, so we'll see how tonight goes.  Surprisingly, he still ate a lot.  It was only Cheerios, but it was a lot of Cheerios.

Our activity of the day was to do some painting.  Joshua enjoyed getting the paints out and painting for about two minutes, but then he was done.  I probably would be too if I wasn't feeling well.  Isaac enjoyed it much more.

Tomorrow we'll take off the tape and see what they end up looking like.

No comments: