Thursday, June 2, 2016

Thursday: work, chores, and swimming lessons

Today I worked from home.  (Yesterday too.)  It was wonderful...I sat on the couch with my legs up and the laptop on my lap.  Sure, a larger screen would have been nice, but the comfort made up for it.  I finished all I needed to today in a few hours, so I had plenty of time for ...chores.

I did lots of things though!  Fertilized.  Put ant poison around the outside of the house.  Did some laundry.  Did the budget.  Ordered some shelves.  Made a phone call that I've been putting off.  Took pictures of some quilts.  ...and I didn't even take a nap.  The to-do list is still a mile long though; hopefully I'll be able to knock out more next week.

Then tonight I had swimming lessons with Joshua.  (Oh, I forgot to mention that this morning Joshua declined to eat breakfast.  He was having none of it.  So I brought his breakfast to day care and they helped him.  I probably would have let him go hungry, but then everyone would have been grumpy.)  Today wasn't a great swimming lesson.  Joshua only wanted to play with the cup.  Near the end one thing we did was pour water over his head with the cup, and after that all he wanted to do was pour  (side note: poor and pour are homophones.  I'm not sure I realized that before.) water over my head.  We took turns for the last seven minutes just pouring water over our heads.  It wasn't bad, and Joshua had a great time, but getting water dumped on your head isn't the most fun thing either.

2 comments:

betsy said...

The working from home day sounds fabulous. We all need some days like that every once in a while!

betsy said...

The working from home day sounds fabulous. We all need some days like that every once in a while!