Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Wednesday: life

Today.  Isaac wanted to play the hop-hop-whee frog game that I took a video of Joshua doing last week.  I told him it would be boring, but he really wanted to.  So we went to the store after gymnastics.  Afterwards he told me it was boring.  We played one other game, but Joshua was ready to leave so it was we had to do it quickly.  We stopped at the bakery for cookies, and then Isaac didn't want to walk back to the car.  He pretty much had a meltdown.  He's never had such a bad one in public before.  But he walked back, possibly with his eyes shut half the way in a pretend sleep.

When we got home the painter had started.  Isaac again watched quite a bit.


We finally made a compost bin.  I just ordered the worms, so we'll see how it goes.  Both boys enjoyed helping me drill holes, and it was a good project because the holes didn't have to be in an exact location and it was easy to make the holes.  I might have to think of more things to drill.

It currently has a few veggies/fruit/egg shells, but it is mainly paper and cardboard right now.  The website recommended getting the stuff in the bin a week or so before getting the worms.

Isaac wanted to squirt the junk mail.  I thought it was hilarious.

Hmm, I didn't say much about Joshua.  He climbed into his high chair while I was washing the tray and almost gave me a heart attack, but did a successful climb.  He enjoyed his bagel for lunch, but then was really hungry at dinner because he had only eaten his bagel.  The boys were helping me make dinner and it was Joshua's turn to add the water.  Joshua flopped it in, barely keeping it in the bowl and Isaac and I both laughed.  He also played a game with me where he would take a puzzle piece, run away and put it down, and come back.  I'd ask, "Where's _(the fire truck)_?" And he'd run and get it and put it in.  Over and over and over.  It was a pretty easy game on my part though, so that was nice.

2 comments:

betsy said...

You're such a fun mom :)

betsy said...

You're such a fun mom :)