Thursday, August 14, 2014

Thursday: Hope for the future

Today I got Joshua dressed.  A bit later I got dressed.  Then Ben came out and said, "did you match on purpose?"  I stared at him blankly for a second before I realized - we were both wearing Hope shirts.  So I got Isaac dressed in his Hope shirt too.



Joshua had a doctor's appointment today as I had some questions.  The doctor said that he's doing great...he weighs 8 lb 9 oz, up a pound from when we left the hospital, which was amazing for two weeks.  He has a little bit of acid reflux, so we'll try to prop him up a bit at night, but otherwise there are no issues.  Isaac was rather cute and kept checking to make sure "Baby not hurt."

(As a side note, since we're talking about growth, I think Isaac has thinned out a bit.  Shorts that were fine at the beginning of the summer are now falling down when he runs.  I've been thinking about getting the 18 month shorts out, but will probably just put it off.  It's a cold summer and he still has several pairs that fit fine.)

Isaac also got a gift in the mail and was super excited about it.  It included a note, and he can recognize his name.  And it had a smiley face at the end which thrilled him.  So he ran around the table with them several times.  (I'm rather happy with this picture since Isaac is clear and everything else is blurry.)

1 comment:

betsy said...

Nice work on the weight gain! And the matching shirts :-)