Thursday, March 12, 2020

Thursday: remote teaching

Today I figured out a few of the last things I needed for remote teaching after spring break.  That being said, it may be difficult making sure everyone's technology works.  What if one student can't hear?  Will the two students that are having problems getting excel to work reliably on their computer figure it out before class?  (I gave them several options, but still...)  What will happen that I'm just not expecting?

I also decided to forgo trying to teach Microsoft Access completely and will expand on Excel instead.

We've also been getting a lot of emails about COVID-19, as I'm sure anyone who is reading this has also experienced.  Some of them are useful, like church, school, and the karate dojang.  However, I do not need to know that my banks and PetSmart are using through cleaning procedures.  I really just expect that.  I only really need to know if it isn't business as mostly normal and even then, I don't really need to know but would understand the email.

No comments: