Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Tuesday: day 2

Today went better than yesterday in regards to schooling.  I had a few more items ironed out, so there wasn't as much pausing.  There were a few times when they both needed my help, but they were also quite understanding.  I also felt like I got a few of my things done.  Not many, but that isn't all that abnormal.

Isaac made quite a bit of dinner today (chicken bacon ranch sliders) for his life skill.  He did at least a little of everything until the very end, by which time he had moved on to the next activity.  He fried the bacon, thawed the chicken broth, trimmed the chicken, and put it all together.  Horizon helped.  Joshua learned how to fold his laundry.  I expect that is a chore that I won't be taking back any time soon.

Joshua and I continued to work on Elsa's castle.

Piano lessons started today.  Joshua was telling Ben about his day this evening and said, "I learned to play the piano."  Well...he at least started.  His motor skills are (obviously) not the same as Isaac's, so Isaac did four pages of the book and I stopped Joshua at two. 

Isaac had me time his three laps to the cal-de-sac and back.  I was impressed with his consistency.  He said he had to push himself during the last one and he did come back in rather out of breath.  We had several other running times throughout the day.  (We?  I should say they.)  These kids just run and run and run.  It's too bad that I don't enjoy it.

No comments: